Monday, July 11, 2011

Save the Bottle Rocket Motel...All in and proud of it.



So there are times in my life where I have to say to myself..."I am going to let this affect me"...pertaining to the consumption of art of somekind. I do this before in most cases. The Save the Bottle Rocket Motel event was one of those times. I was in pretty early, as on one night while doing my pre-Jimmie Fallon web-surfing, I stumbled across Andy Carl Valentin and Chris Durbin's website www.reservoirgeeks.com - I followed the link to the FaceBook page and I was a believer. In my mind I am telling myself to keep this short because of my lack of self-regulative writing, so I will be brief. This event was one of the most fun nights of my life. I felt the genuine nature of Andy and Chris right away. Every time I looked at them they seemed to be as "in wonder of the awesomeness" as I was. I saw Bottle Rocket by myself in a theater in Washington D.C. in 1996. Since then I have seen every Wes Anderson movie on opening night, period. All of his characters speak to me and the difficulties I face as a human first and a man second. The event was such an organic hybrid of being human and ingesting artistic impression, that I was almost more excited for the post event mental deconstruction. When going over it with my girlfriend, I likened it to a land and culture that existed for a moment in time, an oasis of cool, a village that was built in one night, for one night. In the end...it was less about the event and more about us...and that's the Bottle Rocket way. I will write less emotionally another time. Thanks Andy and Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment